Friday, December 21, 2007

First Board Meeting

Well, not quite. Seeing as how there isn't really a corporation yet, I guess using the word "board" is a little presumptuous. However, it gets the gist across. Tonight my two prospective partners, my wife, and I are having a sit-down discussion to go over plans, details, questions, concerns, all and sundry about this business proposal.

I'm truly amazed at the level of buy-in I've encountered so far from my partners and from my wife. This idea just popped into my head one day, and I fully expected it, like so many of my other projects, to wither and die from lack of encouragement. How wrong I've been!

I'm not saying this venture is by any means a sure thing; we have a lot of research and planning still ahead of us. But somewhere along the line each of us has made a decision to give it a try, and see where this process leads us. This project may never get beyond the planning stages, I don't know. But we are determined to find out for ourselves, and not be left to wonder "what-if".

So, tonight we meet for the first time for the expressed purpose of planning and organizing our business venture. We're going to have to define the whole thing a little better, and more officially. We'll have to determine how much commitment each of us is willing to make (in terms of time, money, energy, etc). We'll have to identify weak points in our current "Spreadsheet of Doom", and come up with ways to address them. Then we'll have to map out the next few steps on the road to success.

Wish us luck!

No comments: